We are winding it down now and there are only a couple of weeks left to get all of that summer reading accomplished! I have been excited to see the progress that everyone has made during the challenge and I have also learned so much about what makes my TBR tick. I think that I have always known this in the back of my head, but I really do change up that old TBR on a regular basis. Just wait until you see the 360 I did!
Here is what I actually read for the second part of the challenge:
Not exactly what I had mapped out in my Update #1 post, but I still was able to clear out some books so I am happy with how things worked out.
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West is a surprise addition to my reading this summer. It was one of my most anticipated reads and I was dumbfounded to see it perched on a shelf in a Quebec bookstore over a week before its release date. I couldn’t resist the temptation and purchased it. I obviously read it immediately and it was so worth it because it is a really fantastic book!
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo was next on my list and it is an amazing fantasy novel that lived up to all of my expectations. It was my first Bardugo novel and I am thrilled to add a new favourite author to my growing list. Honestly, I wasn’t surprised that I was going to love this book because I have seen nothing but love for it.
- Siege and Stormby Leigh Bardugo is the second book that follows Shadow and Bone in the Grisha series. I got to page 163 and I just had to put it aside. There was something that was not grabbing my attention in this book and I was having a hard time getting into it. I will definitely pick it up again at some point because the first book was so stellar and I would really love to continue on to book 3.
- Eclipse the Flameby Ingrid Seymour is another novel that made its way into my summer reading schedule. When I was offered the opportunity by Ingrid and Harper Voyager to read the second book in the Ignite the Shadows series, I was over the moon. I hold a special place in my heart for this series, as it was one of my first book tours and I was really blown away by Ignite the Shadows. I am so excited to tell you that Eclipse the Flame is just as epic. Watch for my review next week and lots of exciting posts that will include a giveaway or two!
- The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder is a book that I had planned on reading for the third part of the challenge, but I moved it up because I was feeling the need for a little more contemporary. As much as I love reading fantasy, I sometimes need a little break with a little fun and fluff. Thanks to my friend Patty at Bookish Wanderlove for the copy to review. This book is perfect for summer and I highly recommend it to contemporary fans!
So, things didn’t go exactly according to plan, but I am satisfied with my reading goals and most of the titles that I have had the pleasure to read so far. I am excited to dive into my next set of books and you might even say that I saved the best for last when you see what I have chosen. If you would like to know more about any of the books that I have discussed, you can find them all on my Goodreads shelf. Happy reading everyone and I hope that you are enjoying your summer and have had the chance to read some wonderful books!
If you are taking part in the challenge, don’t forget to link your post in the linky below so that all of the participants can read and comment on your progress!
Is there a book that you have read this summer that you can’t wait to share with everyone you know?
9 thoughts on “Summer TBR Wipeout 2016 Update #2”
I totally wish I could read as fast as you! I tried getting into the Grisha series but it just didn’t work for me. :/
I cannot wait to finish off the tbr list!
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one. I was wondering what it was that everyone else was enjoying so much. I do hope that I get to finish the second book and move on to the third, as the first one was so fantastic!
Oh awesome 2nd update! You’re definitely a reading machine!! I hope you like Queen of Shadows for your last stretch of the read-a-thon 😀
Thank you! I hope that I can read as much as you have, though! 🙂
You’ve read more then me already. 😛
So many great books!! I love love love PS I Like You!
Isn’t it just the sweetest book ever? <3
You read a lot and great books! I changed my tbr a bit because Abbi Gline’s Under Friday Lights doesn’t release until August 29th, so thought I’ll just go on with some other books which were there on my tbr. 🙂
Hahahaha! The life of a book blogger. Never knowing which book will end up getting read next, no matter how hard we try! 🙂