Confessions of a High School Disaster is a book that is compared to Bridget Jones and has caught my attention! I love a great contemporary with a flawed main character. Also, this book just sounds so adorable and I can’t wait to find out how this story plays out.
Confessions of A High School Disaster
Author: Emma Chastain
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: March 7, 2017
In the tradition of Bridget Jones’s Diary, a lovably flawed high school student chronicles her life as she navigates the highs and lows of family, friendship, school, and love in a diary that sparkles with humor and warmth.
I’m Chloe Winter, and my life is kiiiiind of a disaster.
On the plus side, I got the lead in the musical!
On the down side…
1. I’m a kissing virgin (so so so embarrassing).
2. My best friend, Hannah, is driving me insane.
3. I think I’m in love with Mac Brody, the most popular senior guy, whose girlfriend is so beautiful she doesn’t even need eyeliner.
4. My dad won’t stop asking me if I’m okay.
5. Oh, and my mom moved to Mexico to work on her novel. But it’s fine—she’ll be back soon. She said so.
Mom tells me everything is copy. So I’m writing down all the horrible things that happen to me in this diary.
This is the worst year of my life so far, unless maybe it’s the best.
Book Quotes: Confessions of a High School Disaster
Mom’s gone. Not forever, obviously. For four months at the most, she said.