Update Post #1- Summer TBR Wipeout 2017

Wipeout

I think that the best part of any reading challenge is the encouragement we give to one another. I also love the wonderful conversations that are popping up about all of the books we are reading. I have had so many new recommendations and additions to my TBR, that I am considering the challenge should be renamed Summer TBR Additions!

My TBR for the summer isn’t as big as some of the other ones out there, but I think that I have made pretty good progress so far. I have finished 6 books out of the 16 that I have chosen and I am almost finished with the 4 that I am currently reading, so I hope that I can continue along at this pace and read all of them before the challenge is over.

Here is what I have read so far:

So far, my favourite is The Child by Fiona Barton. It is a really interesting thriller that is about a baby that is discovered years later in a construction site. It seems a bit gruesome, but it is more about a reporter trying to solve the mystery.

Currently, I am reading quite a few books all at once. I am reviewing a cookbook, so that has been fun, because it involves creating some yummy pumpkin dishes. I am listening to The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants with my sister, so until we head out on our next road trip in a few days, it is on hold and I am really desperate to continue on with it. I am also reading Persuasion by Martina Boone and I am enjoying it so far, but I have had to set it aside because I have Just Friends to review next week, and although I have tried to keep the blog from dictating my summer reading, it has crept in. Always the case, it seems, when you are a book blogger!

35505494Next up on my TBR is Noteworthy by Riley Redgate. I have this one on Audible and I am looking forward to listening to it while I sort through my bookshelves and try to organize the chaos a little bit. Definitely a good way to spend an afternoon, don’t you think?

All of these titles can be found on my Goodreads shelf if you are interested in learning more about them.

How is your summer reading going so far?

23 thoughts on “Update Post #1- Summer TBR Wipeout 2017

1. itsareaderslife says:

What did you think of This Lullaby? Dessen is one of my favourite authors and I love all of her books! I also enjoyed You Are Here and Just Friends is on my TBR. Great post😊

• Candid Cover says:

I enjoyed both This Lullaby and You Are Here. I have only read a few Dessen books, but this one wasn’t as fantastic as Saint Anything. Just Friends is a great contemporary so far and fits my summer reading to a tee! πŸ™‚

• itsareaderslife says:

I agree, This Lullaby wasn’t one of my favourites. I really like Saint Everything and Just Listen and The Truth About Forever are probably my favourites. I’ll have to give Just Friends a read😊

2. Kathy @ Books & Munches says:

Recently read The Inevitable Collision of Birdie & Bash and really enjoyed it! Not doing any particular summer reading – as in, I haven’t set myself a goal – but I think I’m going pretty good, haha. Must’ve read at least six books already. I think. [Probably should check Goodreads to be sure.]

• Candid Cover says:

Six books is a great start! I don’t usually do challenges, but I find that the summer months cause me to slack off a bit. It is the perfect time to read those already owned books, you know? πŸ˜‰

• Kathy @ Books & Munches says:

Haha, I know. But I’m having plenty of books to read. I’ve only recently gotten my reading groove back so I don’t think I’ll be slacking off any time soon. Or at least I hope so, haha.

3. Angela says:

I still have not read anything by Sarah Dessen, but I’m hoping to get to Once and For All sometime later this summer. I also need to read Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants! I can’t believe I’ve never read that!

• Candid Cover says:

You are going to really love Once and For All! The audiobooks are only about 6 hours for The Sisterhood, and I am crossing my fingers that we can finish one of them at least. I really want to see the movie as well! πŸ™‚

• Candid Cover says:

I enjoyed Lucky in Love, but I will admit that it is not one of my favourite Kasie West novels. It is still a great story and if you are a fan, you should totally give it a try! πŸ™‚

4. Aneta says:

I totally understand. I really want to read my arc of Hunting Prince Dracula but I have to finish some other books that I need to review first πŸ™
    I hope you enjoy Just Friends, I thought it was a cute read.
    Great post

• Candid Cover says:

Darn blog! It is nice to have ARCs, but there are some drawbacks, for sure! I haven’t read the Stalking Jack the Ripper series yet, and I really should start it soon. I hope that the next book is as enjoyable as the first for you. πŸ™‚

5. alilovesbooks says:

Sounds like you are making great progress. There are definitely a couple of books on your list that I have been thinking about getting but trying not to grow my TBR too much.

• Candid Cover says:

Right?! Every time I read a post, I get excited about a new book that I want to read! I suppose that is the bookworm in us. There will never be an end to our TBRs. lol πŸ™‚

6. thebookishlibra says:

Wow, 6 books already? I’m impressed! I’ve done 3 so far, but 2 of those were huge books so it feels good to get them off my TBR. The Child is one that I hope to read later in the year. I keep hearing great things about it.

7. Janhvi Jagtap says:

You are Here and Lucky in Love look like such cute reads! Great progress so far! I am so motivated to read more because of this challenge πŸ™‚

Janhvi @ The Readdicts

8. priyankaswonderland says:

I am late to post my update #1 post, but the update of my first two weeks of July is up! This readathon is working for me as well!! I am going to be listening to my next read now. Its my first time to listen to a book! Excited!! I want to read a cookbook and cook some delicious food!! hahah good luck!